On the federal level, NHF’s annual Washington Days provides an opportunity for the community to come together to discuss key issues impacting access to care, learn about advocacy, meet with elected officials, and put a face on bleeding disorders. We continually monitor issues on the federal level and update our advocacy priorities as issues arise, such as ensuring funding for federal hemophilia programs and research, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) related issues including blood and blood product safety and protecting access to affordable, quality care and treatment.
2020 Washington Days will be held Feburary 26-28th at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill.
For more information Click Here. Anyone can attend Washington Days.
If you would like to attend but aren't applying for a travel grant, please register online here by January 24, 2020.
NE NHF Travel Grant Applications are due Friday, December 27, 2019.
Washington Days Funding Guidelines
Each year the Nebraska Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation sponsors travel for community members to attend NHF’s Washington Days. This event is 3 days and takes place in Washington DC from March 27-29th, 2019. Below are the guidelines for providing funding for this opportunity.
Each year the Nebraska Chapter will fund the following Attendees completely (including airfare, hotel, conference registration, ground transportation, baggage fees):
· One Staff
· One Board Member sitting on Advocacy Committee
The remaining number of travel grants will be awarded based up the amount the Nebraska Chapter has allotted in their yearly budget, and this amount is discussed and approved by the Advisory Board of Directors.
Travel Grants will be awarded to cover the following:
· Two Nights of Hotel, limited to one room per family.
· Airfare (up to two individuals)
· Preference will be given to applicants who are 1st Time Attendees (those who have never Washington Days)
· Preference will be given to applicants who did not attend Washington Days the previous year.
· Preference will be given to applicants who are actively involved in Nebraska Chapter advocacy efforts.
Upon receiving a travel grants recipients will be required to do the following:
· Sign & return a receipt stating they received the grant
· Submit receipts for expenses incurred under the travel grant. Only receipts for hotel, airline & conference registration will be accepted.
· Attend the Chapter Advocacy Workshop held on February 16, 2019 in Omaha. (Required)
· Participate in year round advocacy efforts with the chapter, including assisting in writing a newsletter article about your participation in Washington Days.
· Fully participate in all trainings and meetings AT Washington Days.
Please remember, registration is free for Washington Days. Anyone is able to attend on their own if they do not get selected for NENHF’s travel grants. We encourage those who are interested and able to afford the travel to attend on their own with the rest of the Nebraska group.
Please find the application below. Return to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the office at 8031 W. Center Road, Suite 304 Omaha, NE 68124 by Friday, December 27, 2019.