The Nebraska Chapter's Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is part of our continuing effort to improve quality of life of individuals and families affected by bleeding disorders. The purpose of the Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is to provide financial support to members of our community in our continuing effort to improve the quality of life of our community. NHF Nebraska provides financial support, based on availability of funding, to help defray the costs of:
Expenses incurred in the care, treatment, or prevention of a bleeding disorder;
- Health insurance premiums;
- Emergency transportation services to HTCs;
- Basic living expense emergencies; and
- Other related expenses determined to be appropriate by the NHF Nebraska.
Applicants for financial assistance will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Nebraska and receive treatment from a Nebraska Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC). Residents outside of Nebraska will not be eligible and should contact their local chapter for assistance.
- Be a parent or caregiver of a minor child who lives in your home and who has a diagnosis of a bleeding disorder OR be an individual with a diagnosed bleeding disorder.
- Complete the Financial Assistance application and meet the financial need requirements of the Financial Assistance Program policy.
- NHF Nebraska recommends requesting assistance from at least two (2) other agencies before applying to NHF Nebraska for funding. Applicants may contact the Nebraska Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) for guidance to other assistance agencies. Please provide any relevant contact information for those agencies and the status of your request.
Applicants should allow at least 14 business days for NHF Nebraska to process their request.
Assistance is limited to one grant per calendar year, per household, with a maximum of $500 being available for financial assistance.
NHF Nebraska cannot provide funding directly to the individual applicant(s). Disbursements will be made directly to vendors identified in the application that have been verified by NHF Nebraska.